Thursday, February 23, 2006

Next

Just over a month ago, my dream team of New York PA's was reunited to work on Guerilla. Casually the paperwork PA, who I had known through stories of the summer on the Deperted, said that I should come out to LA and work on this job that she had coming up. With no reason to be anywhere as long as I am employed, I said that I'd love to send my info and have her put in a word for me.

Weeks past and I would speak to J.P. casually and then contacted the key PA who was busy working on commercials. More time passes and I talk to both of them regularly. From the way they are presenting details, I feel like the job is already mine but there was no proof, no reality to back up my sense of security.

As long as I didn't have definative plans to skip town, I keep my mouth shut and keep working everyday here in New York. More and more time passed. Then came the moment of panic. I was working on SVU standing outside the actor's trailor's near City Hall. In this moment, I realized that I am booked to work in New York till the end of the first week in March and I have no idea when I may have to be in LA or if I was going at all.

I called the key, who I hope I would be working with because he had been so kind to me over the past few weeks, and took the plunge. I wouldn't normally ask for an AD's phone number. If they say that they'll call, I trust that they are to busy to call if they haven't. And of course, I picked up the phone and called him at the worst possible time. Then for the next few hours we played phone tag and tried to talk in bits because we were both busy at work.

Sitting in front of the New York City Supreme Court House talking with Norman Reedus, my phone start to vibrate in my front jacket pocket. Knowing it was probually the AD, I excused myself and strolled down the court house stairs. A simple conversation was all it took. After all this time, a few questions, many answers, an actual job offer, and an acceptance.

So I AM going to LA for 5 month! Watch out pastey New York skin... you may actually see the sun for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home