Friday, February 10, 2006

life's like a movie

Celebs, mainly actors, are my co-workers. They as people have needs, schedules, and deadlines just like any other work environment.

In my world, the corner cubicle is traded for a Haddad's trailor. Those who are really "successful" rarely have a chance to breath the air of "normalcy" or have a life not scripted for them.

I work close to 70 hours a week and I work "on set" in old warehouses and dark alleys in Harlem. And yes, as glamorous as this all sounds, actors also work under these grueling conditions (usually with better food, more down time, and a clean space to call their own).

We are all tirelessly chugging along. Then comes that golden moment when the clouds part, the sun shines, and you get to go home to family and friends. Maybe,in that one moment you chose to catch a movie or watch anything on TV. Personally, I choose to nap.

Then the obligations of life kick in: calling mom, paying bills, making sure your closest friends are alive and well. Those precious moments have now disappeared.


Every moment "on set" is lived just for that one moment of life. As an effort to honor and remember those I have worked with (on the average day, I hold concern only for the person standing next to me), I feel the need to keep a running tally of names, a cast list, or maybe just a resume of former co-workers. Because everyday I meet more familiar faces. Everyday it is harder to seperate my one life with the movies we make. And the only thing that keeps me sane is knowing that my name is not on "anyone's" list. These "famous" people who have come and gone in my life most likly don't remember me.

So this all must be real.

Jon Abrahams
Penn Badgley
Lake Bell
Richard Belzer
Victoria Cartagena
Bobby Cannavale
Erica Christensen
Kevin Connelly
Kevin Corrigan
Matt Damon
Leonardo DiCaprio
Benedicio del Toro
Mike Doyle
Ann Dowd
Tiffany Dupont
Corri English
Will Estes
Dennis Farina
Colin Farrell
Jerry Ferrera
Andrew Fiscella
Dann Florek
Tom Fontana
Brittny Gastineau
Lisa Gastineau
Lucas Haas
Birdie M. Hale
Mariska Hargitay
Dustin Hoffman
Yoanna House
Ice-T
Michael Imperioli
Matthew LeBlanc
Vincent Laresca
Judith Light
Ludacris
D.P. Kelly
Audra MacDonald
Christopher Meloni
Joanna Merlin
Radha Mitchell
Matthew Modine
Diane Neal
Edward Norton
OAR
Keke Palmer
Jim Parsons
Ori Pfeffer
Lou Diamond Phillips
Mary Beth Peil
Piper Pirabo(actually I met her at a work related function and went for burritos after)
Ann Parisse
Annie Potts
Denise QuiƱones
Norman Reedus
Giovanni Ribisi
Yolanda Ross
Martin Sheen
Sarah Silverman
Joey Sletnick
Mathew St. Patrick
Tamara Tunie
Robert Verdi
Milo Ventimellega
Donnie Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg
Earnest Waddell
Sam Waterston
Kate Winslet
Ray Winston
B.D. Wong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home