Sunday, January 15, 2006

Clue

I think that I, Mrs. White killed the man in the Ballroom with the Candlestick.

"Damn you" my roommate bellows in a theatrical expression and a loud echoing voice. "I knew it. I knew it. I knew it." She slides her cards onto the table and start shuffling for another round. "Well you did have all of the weapons,” I say to her as if to justify my win. " She balances a cigarette between her lips.

Clue requires not only a fake British accent, but beer and good company.

When my roommate and I tired of our regular deck of 52, we both grew rather fond of the only board game ever purchased for our home. Just before the holidays, I bought a nostolgia version of Clue that came in a little wooden box with the original artwork and wooden painted pieces. She had never played.

I used to play the "mystery game" with my older cousin, who would watch my sister and I when I was young. But, I hadn't played a board game since my pre-college years.

In our first few round, I taught my roommate the lies, the deception, the down right debauchery that is this Hasbro board game. And our lazy drinking days will never quite be the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home