Monday, January 09, 2006

Sa Doku

Nine squares, nine columns, and nine rows. The numbers one through nine drive me wild as I sit and stare at each square puzzle.

I picked up a book of New York Post su duko. For any one who is unfamiliar with the game, it is a "crossword without words". And I can't put it down. Every free moment, I find myself digging through my over sized purse to find my slim, traffic tattered book.

I recommend to any one who either has a reasonable amount of free time or is looking for a new addiction to pick up a book of puzzles. Even more importantly try to find one with different levels of expertise. I flew past easy and am currently 10 puzzles into mild. Some sickly competative part of me is anxiously awaiting difficult in hopes of one day being able to complete a single fiendish puzzle.

And for all of those who suffer from the itch with me, if you ever find yourself su duko-less you can play online for free. Personally, I need to print it out and scratch away with paper and pencil so that I can make notes to myself and erase. But one feature that I do wish I could carry with me in my pocket version is an electronic built-in pep talk that may save you time. It's a How am I doing? button that allows you to affirm your progress.

All this talk and my book placed next to me ... I must.. play.. one more game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home