Friday, December 09, 2005

big screen

Yesterday, for the first time. I was in a film not per chance but with an actual purpose. After working with actors for the past few months, I have come to realize that I do on occasion slip into a scene, usually not noticing. This is partially because I need to be close to the actors between cuts and sometimes the frame changes leaving room for one to slip in unexpectedly. And that one person, is without fault ends up being wardrobe, make up, hair, an assistant director, or me.

Some where in the middle of a four hour subway ride, the director wanted a new look something different to throw into frame. And I happened to watch in at just the time he wanted to shake things up a bit.

I will admitt that I looked much different than the wardrobe approved extras with my thermals and heavy work boots. My eyes red and swollen after months of working 80 hour weeks. I am almost embarassed that this is the way I ended up on the screen. But I am still excited to watch my silly face sitting on a subway car chatting with a "professional" pantamimer on 35 mm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home