Thursday, January 12, 2006

Che

While trying to recover form the cold that never ends... about a month I believe is the current tally. The symptoms always changing and morphing into something new.

I heard a buzz from the other room. I picked up my phone to find a text message from one of my fav. production pals.

Fish is a stand up guy who knows how to take care of his peers and keep the atmosphere light when working conditions are harsh. I worked with him this past summer on the Departed, which was by far my favorite film to work on. The cast and crew were beyond dedicated and arguablely the best in the business.

In New York and more importantly in the film business, my next job, my next pay check is completely dependant on who I know and how well I do my job. Recently, I have been working on Law and Order: SVU which has dragged me away from the film loop. I haven't seen or talked to many of my film friends, who I usually try to keep up with and go drinking with regularly.

Fish is assembling an all-star production team for the Steven Soderburg film that will be shooting in New York for just over a week and before it moves to Mexico. Re-uniting many of my favorite people from The Departed, I am more than excited to spend 4 days on the New York crew of the new film about Argentine revolutionary Che Guevara .

Though I don't know how well the job will prove for my overall recovery. I'll be working 10 straight days between the film and SVU but it will be well worth it I'm sure.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Cairo The Boxer said...

woof woof

 

Post a Comment

<< Home