Sunday, January 29, 2006

SAG Awards

After spending the better part of my day plastered to my couch watching decade old movies on TBS, I resolved to stay home and watch the SAG awards. Mariska was up for an award and I heard Chris was presenting, so I decided that I might as well see who the actors chose as their best this year. I'm not big on watching award shows, partially because I very rarely get the chance to watch tv.

My friend Emac who also works in the biz came up to my neck of the woods and we grabbed a bite at this Argentinean pizza place then stocked up on popcorn and ice cream for the main event.

Two most memorable moments:

Dakota Fanning presenting the lifetime achievement award to Shirley Temple Black. Watching such an accomplished young actress express her own love and admiration for an actress who had become a legand in our society. Fanning's passion and excitment shown through her presentation and the maturity with which she was able to honor an actress who paved the raod for her own success.


Paul Giamatti thanking the cast and crew with whom he spent time with at the craft service table when he accepted an award for his supporting role in Cinderella Man

If you didn't catch the show, don't lose sleep over it. The overall presentation was not overly exciting or stimulating. No hideous attire or noticeable wardrobe malfuctions.

However, there was some problem with the prompter. It was sort of funny to watch actors who spend their lives memorizing lines to be delivered to the masses struggle their was through their speeches, many reading of off crumpled pieces of paper.

I wasn't shocked be any of the wins and I was happy to see Phillip Seymore Hoffman's win for best male actor in a motion picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home