Monday, January 16, 2006

OAR

Some time this fall, I had the pleasure of working with OAR and their whole crew. I was working on a tv show called the Bedford Diaries, which the rock band made a guest appearance on. The series was supposed to start airing in January but I haven't seen any ads for it nor have I heard any buzz about Bedford making it into the mid-season line up.

I remember how cool the boys were, just regular guys. At the end of the work day at Hell's Gate Studios, I was exhausted but still sad to see them go. I ended up going out to drinks with a few of the guys from the band one night and I would have loved to hang with them more but they were of to their next gig and to shoot a big music video.

This weekend while cleaning my room and I found the number of OAR's tour manager in a pile of old papers and production related stuff. I thought about dropping him a call just to say hi. I wondered what they were up to and how things were going with the band and thier video. But, instead I put it on the top of a stack of number of people I wanted to see or needed to call but just haven't had the time to.

Which ordinarily wouldn't have mattered, but today I was walking home from work, talking on the phone and half paying attention to the noise, the lights, the bustle of Lexington ave. I think that in my 30 block hike I may have only stopped at two or three streets to let cars pass. And I definately wasn't paying attention to the people in front, back, or on either side of me.

I just focused down at the pavement in front of me and I keep moving forward always staring down and ahead. It helps in bad weather, a long walk or in my case both not to look at the signs or count the blocks. If you don't know how far you walked, you tend to not care or get tired.

Almost home, I was weaving in and out of couples and from the corners of my eyes the scenery was looking more and more familiar. Stopping for a brief moment, I saw an OAR poster. I could believe that they played a sold out show in New York this Saturday, the same night that I found the paper, and I never called them. I can't believe that they were in town and I had my head so far off into lala land that I missed them.

Though I would have liked to go to the show, there is always next time they hit town. I am more bummed out about missing the oppurtunity to catch up with them.

To all the boys of OAR,

Congrats on your new album. Best of luck! Hope all is going well for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home