Saturday, February 11, 2006

celebs are people too

The first time I saw a "celebrity" (one of the few to make it big in the media), I fell on my face.

As a freshman in college, I was on my way to a History of the Universe midterm when I did a double take of Mark Wahlberg sauntering up Third Ave. Stuck in a slow-motion stare, I missed the curb and fell to the ground. My binder, books, and papers flew up into the morning creating chaos on ninth street crosswalk.

Four years and several martini's later, I realize it can be overwhelming to see your favorite celeb in real life. But I also know how horrifying it can be to actually meet and work with that same person years later. The pressure of knowing that dirty little secret can be sicking. Not to mention, the fear that by some minute possibility the said "celeb" might remember you for your dramatic display.

So next time a "celeb" is eatting with friends, buying a pair of shoes, or at work walking to set, try to put yourself in their place.

Would you want to be bothered on your only day off, night out with the guys, or after a big scene or full set?

Probually not.

Try to see that actor, singer, socialite as something other than their #1 hit or the character they play on TV, as a person doing their job and living their life. Then you'll realize there is no need to freak out or fall on your face because celebs are people too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home