Sunday, July 30, 2006

relaxing in LA la land

how to feel like a "B" list celeb for just one day...

Thai Massage
leave your shoes at the door and be ready to take off your skivies. I visited this quaint thai massage place in Glendale this weekend and walked away with a refreshed twinkle in my eye. No there was no happy ending nor was there a beefy man placing his hands ever so gently on my torn muscles. This hidden treasure offers no gimmic or glamor. My masseuse was a sturdy asian woman with painted eyebrows and a permanent smile. She was no more than 4ft 8 but had the vigor to pound the permanent gnarls out of my muscular frame.

Pushing deep into tissues that I didn't know I had, I felt spikes of pain in my calves and in my back as the pain was slowly punched and proded to the surface and then gently brushed away. "Ru tvns," she softly questioned as she pulled my legs high into the air, digging her elbows deep into the tender muscles of my spine. Unsure of what she said, I winced with pain and asked her to repeat. "Very pretty" she giggled to my friend JP who was lying face down in the bed next to me. Despite the language barriers, the light humor helped melt my stress while being tenderized like a slab of steak.

Modest in design and decor, this tranquil thai spa is worth every penny you pay AND a generous tip.

Fine french food
Bring a friend or five to endulge in olives, fresh breads, and moderately priced french cuisine. After a few phone calls, I followed JP to the Farmer's Marketto catch a bite at Monsieur Marcel. The mussels, frites, seasonal quishes, and salads fare best when shared with those you just met or haven't seen in years. A bottle of rose brought a light flush the cheeks while I enjoyed the fuss free atmosphere of this busy bistro. And after a soothing message, I'd recommend that you skip the lines and call ahead then treat yourself to valet.

Party in the Hollywood Hills
Drink top shelf, laugh it up, and find your way home the next morning in a posh mercedes benz. Confession: I some how managed to be separated from my favorite pair of stilettos. Last seen on a caucasian male, average height, stocky build, midtwenties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home