Friday, July 07, 2006

You'll shoot your knees out kid...

I stand, arms tired of holding still for so long. The camera points down on me and I feel the burning of the lense on my skin. Lee Tamahori stands behind me "again, again, now shoot." he says.

Dresses in a white linen suit, I aim, fire, and blood and dust explodes back onto me.

I have never shot a gun before nor have I been on camera. I tried to keep my cool. A facade for my co-workers. It's no big deal really. They needed some one to replace an actress that was already picture wrapped. All of the background were brought in as photodoubles and their hands were prepped to double other actors who were no longer on payroll.

Slightly nervous, my hands worn after years of working outdoors in the sun and in the snow. I offered out my hand to the 2nd AD and the make-up department. With a little touch-up and a 5 minute manicure, I became the #1 candidate for the role of gunslinger. My lack of experience was scary at first, but the feeling of the metal gun as it spit out blanks was empowering. Or maybe it was the white linen suit or the attention from all the crew as I aimed and fired.

A thrilling moment in time, one without pictures. Immortalized in a movie that will be seen by many all over the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home