Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tapanga Canyon

Happy fourth of july. I am sitting on the couch watching Oh Brother Where Art Thou and drinking iced coffee. Not to bad... I feel like I should be out at a cook out or doing something thrilling like drinking beer until I can't stand up. But I don't really feel like doing either those things.

I think all of my roomates are at work. I remember at least one of them saying they had to work today... So when i feel like my day turns out lame, I'll just be glad im not at work.

Yesterday I went to tapanga canyon... my friend jilly lives there and that little minx gets me drunk off wine every time I visit her little chateau. I love the little hippie town that is tapanga. Just east of malibu high in the hills, the town is so peaceful.

As I sat at her white pewter patio table, eating salad and tomato and mozzorella sandwiches, I felt like I was in a different country. Driving up through the canyons and up the windy mountain roads at 50 miles an hour, I might as well have been.

There is this beautiful persian looking cat who lives in Jilly's yard, I think he was taken in by her landlord. With bright blue every and ivory fur, the cat is wildly free but loving and intense like a cat should be. As Jill and I ate our sandwiches and drank a belly full of wine, the cat chases field mice across the yard, catching them in his mouth and running away with his prize. Its hard to have an angry thought or feeling when surrounded by life's beautiful simplicity.

I bought a mood ring at this little lost treasures store. There was a lot of vintage quilts, dresses, and other sorts of stuff. Not one of those cheep gaudy types but a heavy silver one it even has the patent # 3802945 imprinted into the silver on the back. It seems to think that I am mostly blue or green. What that means... not entirely sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home