Wednesday, March 22, 2006

LA and here to stay

...at least for the next 6 months.

I have now been in the City of Angels for for 5 days. I have sat in traffic. Eatten sunday afternoon waffles at The Griddle. Went out for Taco Tuesdays at Shakey's in Manhattan beach.

I have also gotten lost on foot and in the car. I am mildly stubborn and continue to walk to the stores and coffee shops near where I am staying. Most LA natives would drive the half a block. But my NYC metabolism can't fathom why you would leave a parking space to drive 30 feet, fight for parking, buy what you need then, go home and have to park again. So I walk. I now have a faint sunburn on my face from my morning coffee and afternoon jog.

Yesterday I went to Sony studios and meet my new co-workers. They seem nice enough. I had never been ot a real studio before. In New York, we mostly set up shop in old warehouses that had been gutted to make room for sets. But Sony has its own parking garage, coffee shop, gift store, gym.... I couldn't even believe that this little town square was a part of the studio.

The strangest studio moment was when Rob Schnieder drove by me and my co-workers and greeted us as if we knew him. We keep walking not really thinking much about it. Moments later... one of us interupted our silly conversation and was like... that was the "we can do it guy right..?"

How random? Tommorow I go back to Sony for my first day of work.

Overall I give LA the OK. I just don't know enough people here to be completely comfortable. There is something to be said of being an outsider. Leaving a city that you knew in your sleep and transplanting yourself in a foriegn culture, makes you feel akward in your once confident skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home