Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Warehouse of London Closing Out

I needed a skirt or maybe n new top for my interview today. After trying the Gap and Express yesterday, I realized that there was nothing I liked at these corporate power houses. When I did see something tolerable, it was not worth the money that they wanted me to pay for it. So again, defeated but not surprised, I decided that it was the perfect time to go to my favorite shop in Lower Manhattan. The store on 8th St btw Broadway and University always has a stunning window display. The cloths are on the nicer side, sort of Banana meets Urban meets Express, but the prices are reasonable and you are actually getting the quality and style that you pay for.

I walk east on 8th and see a paper sign taped to the brick wall next to the store. 11 days till closing! I can't believe it. I have been shopping at this store for 3 years. They can't close on me. After shopping for an hour of so and picking the cream of the crop at 30% off, I asked the cashier why they were closing. She told me that the rent on that particular store is insane. So when the NYU student leave in the summer and for Christmas break, the store takes such a fall in business that they can't afford the location. I am majorly bummed out. The location was by far my favorite part. I could store in on my lunch break or between classes to pick something up for a date. But, not any more.

The good news is that they are still going to be in SOHO. So next time, I am having a fun but business casual crisis, I will not be out of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home