Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Free Public Peeing

The most important NYC map you will ever see
OK, maybe I exaggerated. Then again, maybe not.

Thank You Captain Willard at PBR Street Gang for this post.

In which, Willard included a link to the map off all the free public restrooms in Manhattan. I think i have only been to a hand full NYC public bathroom. Twice I went at a kiddie park with children in tow (I used to be a nanny). And I think I have been to a public bathroom in Central Park. Which, I remember as a painful twenty minute walk from where I was sitting reading a book.

Sometimes you just have to go. As a woman, I can't just pee on the street. Not that I encourage men to do so, or that it is legal or anything, but women can't exactly get away with it. Often, I am outraged that I have to buy a coffee in order to use the bathroom. Coffee eventually leads to having to find another bathroom and being a "customer" at another shop with a bathroom. With the cheapest thing on the menu usually being liquids, I think they have us beat. I don't think it is a ploy against any one, but it just doesn't seem fair. Restaurants sell more because I have a stubborn bladder.

Any way, check out the link to the NYC free bathroom list and to Willard's post (for a link to another, less complete, free bathroom list).

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Captain Willard said...

Hey, I've since updated my post to include this list, which actually seems to be even more thorough. Plus, with its "Bathroom Search" function, you can find bathrooms anywhere in the freaking world.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Captain Willard said...

Oops. Forgot the link: http://www.thebathroomdiaries.com/usa/new+york/index.html

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger DM said...

OMG! This list of toilets is the best information I have found on the web in months! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home