Sunday, August 22, 2004

Cacio e pepe

This new Italian spot on Second Ave. (btw 11th and 12th) had great food and inviting service. I went out to eat and sat by myself because most of my friends were missing or out of town. But, my waiter talked to me about school and what not. I decided that I enjoy going out and grabbing a bit by myself. I find it relaxing and freeing. I don't need some one else at the table in order to enjoy my food. Some times your server can be the most pleasant and mood changing company. I sat by the window, shopping bag in hand, and read a few article that I had over looked in my two most recient magazine reads. I have heard amazing things about the pasta. But, I took a chance. I decided to be a little adventurous and my mind failed me. I wouldn't recommend the Cornish hen, which was my choice of the evening. The meat was tender but, there was very little of it and you really had to pick and gnaw to get the good stuff. I find this sort of eating to be improper at such a nice little resturant. Frankly, I would perfer not to eat in such a manner outside the confines of my own home.

A man sitting at the table behind me ordered a dish of home made pasta that was served in the middle of a big block of Romagnano cheese. As the hot pasta warmed the cheese, it was scrapped off and piled on top the steaming helping of fresh lightly oiled and seasoned pasta. I will definately give this place another try. It had a nice atmosphere and entrees were on the less expensive side (ranging from $10 to $17 dollars). But next time, I think I'm going to opt for the pasta.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home