Sunday, August 22, 2004

Seattle Wrap UP

Recently I took a trip to Seattle, where everything is beautiful, open and uninhabited. I found that every where I looked, there was texture and realism. It was nothing like New York, but I think I loved that there is a space so different(Seattle) from the place that every one goes to be different (New York).

On my second day in Seattle, after meeting my boyfriends fam. and sleeping in the house that he has always called home, he rowed us out to a beach on the sound. I tried to row but, I have always been a canoe kind of girl. I just didn't quite get the hang of rowing. Luckily, my boyfriend did because on the way back to the dock, not only were we against the current, but against the wind.

The nation's northwest is an infinite amount of space sprawling out and growing flat single story houses. The shore wraps around its coast and several island sit on the Sound. The air is crisp and the water is cold. But overall, the area is peaceful. I liked the water. It was solitary and inviting.



On the East coast, beaches are crowded. But of course, you would never know this if you have never left. The person to beach ratio makes a hot summer day seem like a concert. The summer heat yeilds hours of traffic in order to arrive at your closest coastal gathering. you are lucky to go to the beach, stick yuor arms out parallel to the ground and not hit any one. I sat all day on the Pudet Sound and saw a total of three people. And at that, I saw them for about a second each. Beach that seemed to strech for miles, was all mine. I could run, catwheel, roll and there wasn't any one there to criticize me. Well, except Stew. But, he would have a laugh at my expense regardless of what I was doing.

Being in Seattle, I had to top this tourist spot. Not only did it's view scan the entire seattle skyline, but there was a Starbucks Coffee at its summit. I was advised to no eat at the skyline cafe by the woman who sat next to me on the plane. I'm actually glad that I didn't eat at this hot spot. The view was breath taking but I value the quality of my food far more than the scenery. Instead, I ate at Earth and Ocean in Seattle's Waldorff Hotel. The food was rich and filling. They even made carrot cake taste like gold.

I spent the greater part of the day hiking up Cady Ridge. I haven't been camping in years so on my 3rd day in WA I went hiking and car camping. I realized at the summit of the mountain, that I need to hike toward something. Either a breathtaking ledge of a lake. When I got to the top of the mountain, picking wild blueberries on the way, it flattened out to an inner trail far from the mountains edge. It was the most anti-climatic view for a three mile hike. I took this picture on the way back down.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger R.R. said...

i'm not that mean, am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home