Monday, August 30, 2004

Internship

I have been looking for an internship every day for the past two months. I feel like I moderately qualified for almost any job. I have always been a go getter, on the creative side and highly organized. I am passionate about everything I do. I love life and even more success. But lately, I have been my internship status has been a little hard to swallow. I have received minimal responses to the hundreds upon hundreds of resumes that I have sent out. I'm asking these companies to let me work for free. And they apparently have so many other people throwing themselves at the feet of their company, willing to do slave labor, get paper cuts, fight with the fax machines, all so that they can try to put their two cents in, that there is no need to respond to any one who is not incredibly dedicated and over-qualified. I do have an interview tomorrow. My first one and its a big one. I don't want to say anything about it yet, in afraid that talking about it to much will give me bad karma.

Any way, I think if I had to go-fer any where, I would want it to be a place like this. I hope that they see the potential that sits dormant in me, waiting for a chance to surface and penetrate. I have worked hard to get where I am. I have worked in film, magazine, and waiting tables all for this moment. My time to break free and have the opportunity to make a difference at a "brand name" company. Even if that difference is being the best gosh darn filer that they have ever seen, I will cherish every moment of it. One day, I want to go some where. i have never wanted to be famous, just happy. And at this moment in my life, I feel that a "go and get 'em tiger" kind of job at a big film, pr, entertainment, magazine, or web publishing company would be my first step to being there.

The problem is, I don't really know what is best for me. I tend to lean more to entertainment and PR but, writing is my passion. I enjoyed interning at the magazine. I made a lot of progress and the magazine has professionally covered major ground while I was there and after I left. It was an exciting thing to be involved in. Not only did I get to meet really interesting and inspiring people, but when the final project came out, the new issue, I could flip through and know that I found that photo or I transcribed that interview.

I just don't know...cheers... here's to my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home