Friday, August 27, 2004

Egyptian Cotton

With a busy self-driven mind strapped to my head, I value sleep. Lots of it. I will work a 16 hour day knowing that in the end I will sleep. There are no complaints about work because I know no matter what, the second I cease to push buttons or cram numbers, my bed will be waiting for me. As always, I slip between the sheets and pass out, phone in hand. I don't actually like sleeping with my phone, nor am i talking to any one and drift off mid-word.

I live by the alarm clock function on my Motorola. After setting my alarm, my body turns off. A little picture of a clock pops up next to the early morning hour that I have to rise. At the indication that I will be woken up the next morning, my eyes droop and my body becomes limp. The hand was holding the cell phone drops to the lavender bed sheets. My mental connection cuts off and I am dead to the world.

Yesterday, I was walking home from one of the NYU dorms uptown. My friends an RA at 26th street, so I walk down 1st ave on my way home. At about 16th street I passed a Payless shoe. I was so tempted to go in but I have plenty of shoes and I know it. But, next store there was a house decorating store that had sheets on sale. I needed dark sheets because mine are to light and they make my room look to prissy and girly. Plus, the overhead lamp reflects a hospital like glow off of the white cotton blend, which makes my room look like a mess regardless of how clean it is.

I love cotton, the purer the cotton the better. In this out-dated, under-priced decorating store, I started looking through the blends but when I was a big display of separates for $8 each, I dug in. After tearing through entire bind, causing chaos in the store, a Jamacian sounding clerk came over to monitor me. I didn't want his help and he knew it. But, he also didn't know why I was so frantically looking for the best thread count, rich dark colors, and a basic standard of pure cotton. I found multiple %100 cotton, egytian, 250+ thread count sheets. Orgasmic.

Now I think I'm gonig to need more than a cell phone alarm to get me out of bed. I might have to upgrade to a fog horn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home