Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dirty Finger Nails

This morning I started the endless list of things “TO DO” with my usual cup 'o coffee. I had the puppy in tow (My roommates Chihuahua mix names Mr.Vegas). He was wearing his red hooded sweatshirt and getting far more attention than I ever could at this hour of the morning. But, I didn’t care. I overslept and was still hung over from the night before. After fueling up with a cup of jet-engine espresso dripped into a cardboard cup, I had to walk to 8 or so blocks to Fleet and pick up some traveler’s checks. Joe’s Pizza, which was this little pop shop pizza place that I went into from time to time, had been gutted out and the sign had been left as a reminder that this hole on the wall was the shell where the old man with few teeth used to be. I didn’t exactly cry about it, but on the way back I had also noticed Wowsville a specialty Cd/Movie store on second was gutted and closed also. I had never actually been there, but it seemed nice enough. Still ambivalent to the neighborhood change, I dropped off Vegas. I went to the computer lab and then needed to go get some femmy grooming done before my vacation. For the past three years, I have been going to the same nail salon. Manicure and pedicure for $22 and waxing was not a horribly painful experience there either. The same three women work day and night and their husbands worked down stairs in the deli. CLOSED!! I couldn’t believe it the south west corner of 13th and 3rd was empty! Now this was getting serious. I never did get to the femmy grooming. Damn the man! To make things worse, I went to stop in at Fresco Market on 14th for some coffee beans. Also, Gone for Good. Gutted and vacant. The pizza place not to far down from the former Fresco closed months ago. What the heck is going on here? These places were my history. I remember walking by them every day and now all at once they are dropping with no warning. I am a little P.O-ed about this.. I think some one has to stand up and save the East Village. If I knew more about the area, I’d do it myself.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger R.R. said...

and how!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home