Monday, November 15, 2004

Day 1- Start Shoot

7:00 am -Breakfast that day consisted of Entimen’s donut holes and mini muffins, juice and coffee. It was as ghetto fabulous as breakfast comes. Or at least it would have been, if we didn’t get a hold of Libby and ask her to pick up a box o’ Joe and some bagels. Libby arrived on set with the rest of breakfast and our talent (a.k.a. actors).

8:00 am and still no Jamison. He had called during breakfast to tell Matt that he over slept and wouldn’t be there with the truck and equipment till the time that we were supposed to start rolling. "Were and hour and a half behind guys:" Matt would say as we tried to rush one activity just so we could sit around and wait to start the next. This time it was make-up. I was helping the "bitches" put on tight Indian garbs for the first scene.

8:45 am "Kit is calling his brother to see if he has any…"
"Has any what" I asked. The truck came with Jamison in it about an hour after the call. When Jamison arrive I attacked him with a flying hug and went down stairs to help unload the truck. Excited to see some one that I knew for longer than a few hours, I helped Jamison and his roommate Kit with the equipment. "What" What’s wrong guys?" All three cameramen and I had just shared the ride over to location sitting in the two-person cab of a cube truck. I was smooshed between the driver and the two other guys, sitting on an apple box. As we passed the traffic cops, Jamison I remembered the license plate that had fallen from its mount and was dragging behind us. If we got pulled over we would never get ourselves out of that kind of traffic trouble. But that was half the fun.
"Come on guys," I nagged. "Tell me what’s up" As I’m trying to find out the problem I hear Matt on the phone. "We have the wrong size tapes. What time does the place open."
Tapes? I thought we were making a film. I’m not a film student and I never claimed to be, but I knew that this would not be good. Sunlight was something that we NEEDED to keep and with time wasting away, Matt drove into the city to buy the right size High def. Tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home