Thursday, August 12, 2004

Yesterdays postings

I tried to post yesterday but lost a long entry after I didn't copy and paste it to word. Thats the one thing that I hate about digital publishing. If the system is down and you don't have back up, hitting the publish post button can be deadly. Here's a few highlights from my would be post from yesterday.

Tarallucci e vino (1st ave and 10th St)- I adore their sandwiches, which is unfortunate because there are only a few choices when you don't eat pork. Yesterday, I stopped in for a Terra (chicken, olive spread, and arugula) on a cabiatta roll and an iced coffee. I sat outside for table service with a newly purchased New York Magazine. I was reading an article about a middle eastern man that a $125,000 plus tab at Score, a NYC strip club, and is now sueing them for taking advantage of his unlimited credit. I thought the part about his wife, a UN ambassador who is now disgraced in her country for her husbands high rolling, was very interesting. I skimmed through the last two hundred words as my sandwich waited in front of me. The combination of flavors was perfect. The roll was fresh and hot and T e V doesn't use dressing or mayo. Instead, I had a healthy portion of extra virgin olive oil that blended tastefully with the black olive spread. The small sidewalk setting was also quite pleasing. The midday sun was bright and the air was crisp. It was the kind of weather that makes me feel guilty for always being indoors. Which was my excuse for going to T e V tonight for dinner. This time I chose the Stella, tuna and artichoke hearts, and brought along a friend. Never a disappointment.

Funky fashionable Earrings for $1.75

Flash back to my New York nanny days- I used to nanny part time in the West Village. I loved the three year old girl. She was so complicated and seemed to know more three year old should. But, I learned a lot from her and she from me. Nina has passion and knows what she likes. Puzzles; I would do four or five puzzles a day with her. Candy Land; once she called Mr. Plumpy a fat ass and I almost died. Dinosaurs; she has this orange plastic dinosaur who she named Krokey and she insisted on bringing every where. I really miss hanging out with her. Thats what it was to her hanging out. I was her friend and I would come play. Her mother mentioned me coming by one day a week to help out with Nina. I really hope it happens because I think she is an amazing little girl and her younger brother just as much potential. I think it may be their parenting. Both parents are great with the kids and have so much to experience at life. Some times I would talk to the mother about problems at school and what to do with my future, and she would give me the most level headed advise. They don't seem like your typical New York family but then again, nothing in New York is typical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home