Monday, August 09, 2004

All clogged up!

I hate being sick. Even more I hate being sick in the summer. To all my fans, sorry that my postings are getting a little sluggish. The trouble is that with a lungs filled with flem, I'm not getting out of my apartment much. The heat is insufferable when you all stuffed up so, I'm staying in bed till I get better. Any way, I do have a few things that I have wanted to post, but have't been able to. I'm going to have to give an abreviated run down (due to my delayed responses on the topics, my usual descriptiveness need not apply).

Teany's- Moby's vegan tea shop. I withdraw my prior ill sentiment. I'm still not a fan of their strawberry rhubarb pie, but when I was shopping for fabric on orchard street, I needed a place to pee and teany was that place. I sat down and ordered some fruit infused green tea and a scone with cream and jam. It was a nice little recluse. A toddler, one years old but to tiny to fit into big boy cloths, was smiling and clapping at me. He monkey-climbed over my newly purchased fabrics to steal my scone, which I wasn't willing to share. There was also a table playing Uno. They seemed to be regulars and I enjoyed how comfortable they felt in this coffee shop. It reminded me of the Witches Brew. It's a coffee shop I used to practically live at when I dated this guy in Long Island. I'm now a fan of teany's I cant wait to go back. Buy the way, I read in time out that they are now selling bottles of their brew in dean and Deluca and other select stores. Moving on up Moby, keep moving on up.

Pulled fabric- On my escapades on Orchard Street, I found this really great cloth warehouse (on allen one block west of orchard). I needed a rather extreme color. Green, not to matalic, not to dark, not lime, but still bright. My plan was to stretch the cloth over a canvas that was taking up space in my apartment because I have not had time to paint lately. My apartment is leaf green, lavender, and kacki, so it is really important that the colors are the exact shade. Any way, I found the perfect fabric for my "painting" and also found really interesting textures of kacki to make pillows out of. I'm hand sewing so I'll take a picture when their done.

Rothman's

(Men's warehouse store on Union Square East and 17th) is having an amazing sale on Men's shirts. Ben Sherman in my favorite men's brand. Not to casual but not to fancy. These shirts can go either way, and are city sleek to boot. I stopped at Rothman's because I needed to get a gift for some one. I was actually looking for a belt but walked out with four short sleeve shirts (total savings: over $100). The customer service was also exceptional. If I ever need to buy a men's shirt again. I will give this store another try.

Shei Hand bag designer- I had the most wonderful and embarrassing experience at the resturant the other day. A gentleman at one of my tables was quite the kidder. I spent a good portion of the meal entertaining myself by talking to him. He was a very nice man who broke the ice by saying I have a nice "chest" ( which is apparently British humor for he likes my necklance). Regardless, he was nice to talked to and later tried to convince the stunning woman across from him that she should hire me as an intern. The two of them were designers and I being into design of all sorts seemed like a good fit for him. It was interesting. Nothing came out of it. But, I do like her line of handbags so it is worth a mention.

Havana Central- I love food from the Spanish culture. One of my good friends in High school was from Peru and the food that her mother cooked was beyond my palets recognition. Other than home cooked Spanish food, I have only eatten Mexican. I think Mexican is over rated but then again most of the Mexican I find here is extremely Americanized. But, Havana Central was different. The meat was tender and the rice wasn't greasy. There was a crowd at the bar watching a soccer game. I felt that this was a real deal Spanish resturant. The plates were on the moderately expensive side. I paid $18 dollars for chicken and ribs (which of course came with rice and beans). But, the portions were rather large and it was worth every penny. On Sundays, Havana has an all you can eat buffet for $18. Which might be the perfect cure for a hung-over, hungry Sunday morning.


Lebowski Fest

I read in Time Out that there is a dedication tour to this amazing Coen brother's film. There is supposed to be a themed party at a Bowling Ally in Queens. I am so down. I love to bowl (last time I went to Chelsea Peirs I got a turkey and my friends were so mad at me for claiming to be an "ok Bowler", which I normally am). I just need to get more info.

Otherwise, I'm in recoop. I can't wait to get over this cold because I feel an infatuation to crappy cable starting to form. For a city dweller, one must avoid such an addiction at all costs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home