Monday, August 02, 2004

Double Trouble

Yesterday, I worked a double at the restaurant. It wasn't just any double though, it was a Sunday lunch through almost close double. I was the first and only person on the floor for six and a half hours and then I had to work through the lack of a rush till 10 pm with out a break. Not that I'm complaining. It wouldn't have been that bad if I wasn't horrible exhausted from having an emotional and sleepless night on Saturday. But, I had worked myself literally to tears before I could clam down. I was sat with a table of two approximately two minutes before I was cut, which is always the way it happens. So I decided to take another two top that came in with them.

As the last of my other tables (meaning one, who had paid there check and was still sitting there) were getting up. I joyfully made recommendations and chatted about this and that with my last two tables. At table twenty (which in the Cafe Spice world means the booth closest to the kitchen) a late twentish male and female sat down and asked my all about my fine knowledge of Indian Cuisine, which I offered to them sincerely. In the booth next to them, two men (ages unknown, they seemed young enough but I couldn't tell) actually took the time to talk to me. This seems funny to say, but as a waitress you spend all day talking to people but no one really ever talks back. It is all about the food and you as the communicator for the restaurant are their only resource. One gentleman was from England and he was telling me about the gym in his hotel and how he drives a Scooter, while me and his friend compared notes on Boston transportation and subways in New York. It was the best way I could have ended my day. These two tables made me feel alive again and reminded me of why I chose to wait tables.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Display Name said...

hey felicia,

great blog. i see that you found the stories about duke and bush's face plant. dinner was great thanks to you. scooter boy says hello. it's funny that you called him a "gentleman." what is it about those english accents?

when are you working again?

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home