Thursday, August 17, 2006

Game Night

For the second time since I indirectly feel into the freelance film and television crew, I ventured up to the Valley to joined game night. After three hours of staring at my computer, waiting for words to pour brillantly into HTML formated text, my longest standing friend and most frequent partner in crime came to pick me up at my house. MD recently severed the tie with her boyfriend of almost four years. As I walked to the car, MD was an emotional and hormonal wreck. Not that I blame her, relationships are complicated and it is often harder on the breaker of commmitment than they ever could have anticipated.

We arrived to the party awaiting us with very little spunk on board. Our host S who is best described as a fiesty femme with a passion for baking and entertaining, was waiting in the living room with a handful of the regulars. I was starving so I walk straight to the kitchen without formalities. Game night is always a slow start with that ends with an unexpected gaity. That is as long as no one gets anything on the new sofa, which seems to happen every time we gather there.

I enhaled a burrito, buchetta, and fruit with marshmellow dip as the assignment was handed out. We were to break up into teams and would be set loss on the town. A list of activities was distributed, along with some tools that we may need on the way.

As we walked to the car, neither I nor MD seemed thrilled about this little game, though it wouldn't be long until my competitive nature kicked in. "Stop here" I cry as we travel toward the main road. I climb over some bright pink bushes and up into a tree. "Snap" for 1 point picture of a team memebr up in a tree. This was just the beginning of a zany quest.

Other photo driven tasked included tracing each other with chalk, bowling with exotic fruit in the grocery store parking lot, "chubby bunny" at a bus stop, blowing bubbles with a stranger, and making friends with a homeless person.

It's funny how the not-so-mature adult turns into a little kid when allowed to breakdown societal boundries and given and excuse to just "have fun".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home