Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Sony control over MGM

Sony close to acquiring MGM in $3 billion deal
By Gary Gentile
Sept. 14, 2004 | LOS ANGELES (AP) --

Sony Corp. is a step closer to acquiring famed Hollywood studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. in a $3 billion deal that would give it a considerable library of more than 4,100 titles.

The sale would mark the third time billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian has sold MGM, one of Hollywood's most storied names and once best known for its musical hits like "Singing in the Rain" and "Meet Me in St. Louis."


$3 billion doesn't really seem like that much money any more. I feel like a billion is the new million. Now that lots of people have aquired a billionare status, it just doesn't seem like that much money. I feel like Sony is making out on this deal. 4,100 titles for 3 billion. I spend at least $800 a year on DVD rentals and purchases. I know it's no comparision. But when you consider how much money I make and how much Sony makes. Sony is the winner. What are they going to do with all the movies any way? I hope they keep the roaring lion. How can this guy sell the company three times? Does he keep buying it back just te sell it again? I am going to have to find out more about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home